I have a server that I manage but I don’t have Domain Administrator rights. I needed to load the latest Office 2016/365 Group Policy Objects so I could set custom trust paths for all users for Access 2016. Here’s what I did:
- Download the Microsoft Office 2016/365 Group Policy Files (Administrative Template Files ADMX/ADML): https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49030
- Download the appropriate package. I have Office 2016 32bit installed; I downloaded the 32bit package.
- Run the installer – point it to where you want the files extracted to. I had my files extract to c:\users\<myuser>\Downloads
- Copy the contents of the “ADMX” folder.
- Browse to C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitionsPaste the files here. I was not promoted to overwrite any files.
- I ran GPUpdate /Force (is this needed for local files? Can’t remember, don’t think it is needed).
- Run the Local Group Policy Editor, GPEDIT.MSC
- I found my new policies listed and I got busy creating my trusted locations for Microsoft Access.